Announcing my new title, Frost and Sun!

Frost and Sun, Heathen Poetry, Heathen Poems, Animist Poetry, Animist Poems, Michelle Wyn Corbett, Hearthside Blog, Canadian Heathen


Apart from moving I have had another project in the works. I have been asked countless times by various people to publish a book of my poetry. 

Pro-tip: Publishers hate poetry anthologies!


As a result I went the route of self-publishing through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. Initially I intended to only publish as an e-book, but with a few more hours of work reformatting I was able to create a paperback addition as well. (And with a few small tweaks I will also have a hardcover, although that is limited-market and includes the USA, but not Canada. I am sorry, but I don’t make the rules in this case.)


My book is entitled Frost and Sun: An Anthology of Nature’s Voices.


Why should you buy my book? I am not going to suggest it supports my blog, because really my profit margin on this is very small. No, instead I would like to offer that you will probably enjoy it. Frost and Sun is a collection of 30 poems that follow the changes of seasons in the cycle of the year on the Canadian prairies. The majority of the poems (if not all of them) contain Animist elements, and many of them also have strong nods toward the Heathen as well. Since this is my first attempt at a poetry anthology, I was not quite willing to alienate my non-Heathen readers by being too overt, but I have plans to perhaps publish another anthology in the future that may be more overtly Heathen. (I certainly have a lot of poems shelved that I could work with on that.)


What else are you getting? Alongside each poem are artistic photographs that I took myself over the course of the year when I was out on the land. I opted for the highest available full colour images in my book as a result, which is why the paperback price is set at a reasonable $20 CAD, to cover those printing costs. I am currently awaiting my proofs on the paperbacks but I will update when they arrive to talk in greater detail on the printing quality. 


Video Update:




Buy it here:

https://a.co/hBkY3RX 


Popular posts from this blog

List of Inclusive Heathen Groups in Canada

Grieving as a Heathen in a Non-Heathen World

Language Trees: The Importance of Mother